gculotta gculotta is offline
Junior Member

Question Problems with links from excel to word

I have a excel spread sheet that is used to keep track of customers prices on the products they buy. I have that spread sheet linked to each customers individual quote that is a word document. The problem is that I can't open the word document while the excel spread sheet is open. I need the spread sheet open to look at other info while I'm updating the customers quote on the word document. A window comes up asking if I want to update the links and when I click on it and error shows up. The error states that I can't open a document that is already open even if it is in another folder. I assume this is pertaining to the excel spread sheet. If the spread sheet is not open it works but I need it open to enter other info onto the quote. At certain times it will even say this even when its not open. Does anyone have any advise on this?