Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AYJ AYJ is offline

Default can't seem to write on half side of page

I want to write horizontally across A4 page so I set page set up to portrait
but now I can't write on right hand of page. The cursor stops at 13 on the
"tape measure" above
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

It sounds like you had Columns at one point and changed it back to a single
column. Even if you didn't, try going to Format/Columns and in the Presets
click "One", even if you see "1" in the Number of Columns. What you are
really looking for is the section of the "Equal Column Width" option at the
bottom which is disabled. By clicking "One" in the Presets this will select
the option if necessary. The Equal Column Width option is what allows the
column width of your text (even if if is a single column) to automatically
adjust to your page width and margins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"AYJ" wrote in message
I want to write horizontally across A4 page so I set page set up to
portrait
but now I can't write on right hand of page. The cursor stops at 13 on the
"tape measure" above

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AYJ AYJ is offline

Thanks for your advice last time but how can I make it stay that way. At the
moment every time I open a new document I have to follow your advice

"AYJ" wrote in message
I want to write horizontally across A4 page so I set page set up to
portrait
but now I can't write on right hand of page. The cursor stops at 13 on
the
"tape measure" above

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If it occurs on all new documents then you need to make this change on your
Normal template. If you need help with making this change then here's an
article that will guide you through the necessary steps:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

Note that the title may not appear to be applicable (it is even though it
looks blank, your Normal template has been modified with the Columns
definition) and the Methods provided are applicable.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

You're welcome. Thanks for letting us know you have the issue resolved.
:-)