xfile

Default Import Outlook 2003 distribution list to mail merger recipents list

Hi:

Is there a way that I can import existing distribution list of Outlook 2003
as recipient list of Word 2003?

Seems that I can either to type a new list or select individual contact from
Outlook, rather than the entire distribution list.

Thanks in advance.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Xfile,

Is there a way that I can import existing distribution list of Outlook 2003
as recipient list of Word 2003?

The only way you can include distribution lists in Word's mail merge is to
display (view) the Contacts in Outlook, then run the merge from OUTLOOK's
Tools/Mail merge menu. So you need to find some way to view all the contacts
you want to include in a single mail merge. If you don't know how to do that,
ask in an Outlook newsgroup.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

xfile

Hi Cindy:

Thanks for your kind reply.

I tried several times but Outlook will not display distribution list within
Word's mail merger process, only individual contacts will be displayed.

Although painful, but I did find out an alternative way and that is to
export the distribution list as a text file first, and then open the Access
database file for which used and created by Word 2003 as the data source to
import those information.

After that, I have to do some modifications on records, but it is still
better than key in each contact individually.

Thanks again and hope this helps others also.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-"
???????:VA.0000a4f4.00437ebf@speedy...
Hi Xfile,

Is there a way that I can import existing distribution list of Outlook
2003
as recipient list of Word 2003?

The only way you can include distribution lists in Word's mail merge is to
display (view) the Contacts in Outlook, then run the merge from OUTLOOK's
Tools/Mail merge menu. So you need to find some way to view all the
contacts
you want to include in a single mail merge. If you don't know how to do
that,
ask in an Outlook newsgroup.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Xfile,

I tried several times but Outlook will not display distribution list within
Word's mail merger process, only individual contacts will be displayed.

Yes, this is correct. Did you try following my instructions in the first
reply? Did you display the Contacts in Outlook? Then, still in Outlook, use
Tools/Mail merge?