Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Default Stop updating styles automatically

i have some custom styles - work fine for the most part - i often apply xtra
formatting to the occassion word without issue - but if i format whole line
as say Bold - Word updates the whole style so that everything else in the
same style is made bold - several times this has happened without my
noticing & have ended up reformatting a whooooooole document again
(manually) grrrrrrrrrrr

i notice this happens on some documents but not others - as if some "auto
updating of style" is active

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

i notice this happens on some documents but not others - as if some "auto
updating of style" is active

It probably is. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
i have some custom styles - work fine for the most part - i often apply

xtra
formatting to the occassion word without issue - but if i format whole

line
as say Bold - Word updates the whole style so that everything else in the
same style is made bold - several times this has happened without my
noticing & have ended up reformatting a whooooooole document again
(manually) grrrrrrrrrrr

i notice this happens on some documents but not others - as if some "auto
updating of style" is active

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Check http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm
You might find your answer there.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"JethroUK©" wrote:

i have some custom styles - work fine for the most part - i often apply xtra
formatting to the occassion word without issue - but if i format whole line
as say Bold - Word updates the whole style so that everything else in the
same style is made bold - several times this has happened without my
noticing & have ended up reformatting a whooooooole document again
(manually) grrrrrrrrrrr

i notice this happens on some documents but not others - as if some "auto
updating of style" is active

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

That looks like it - thanks

this wouldn't happen to be connected to another little bug in Word would it?

sometimes when delteing a paragraph it formats the previous one to Times New
Roman 12 (normal style?) - even though there no single character in the
whole doc using this style

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
| i notice this happens on some documents but not others - as if some
"auto
| updating of style" is active
|
| It probably is. See
| http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm
|
| --
| Suzanne S. Barnhill
| Microsoft MVP (Word)
| Words into Type
| Fairhope, Alabama USA
| Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
| Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
| all may benefit.
|
| "JethroUK©" wrote in message
| i have some custom styles - work fine for the most part - i often apply
| xtra
| formatting to the occassion word without issue - but if i format whole
| line
| as say Bold - Word updates the whole style so that everything else in
the
| same style is made bold - several times this has happened without my
| noticing & have ended up reformatting a whooooooole document again
| (manually) grrrrrrrrrrr
|
| i notice this happens on some documents but not others - as if some
"auto
| updating of style" is active

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If TNR is the default font, this is pretty much what I would expect. You can
change the default font for a document or template; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm for
instructions on changing the default font for all new documents; to change
it for a single document, change the font of Normal style (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...fyAStyle.html).