Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert McN Robert McN is offline

Default Adding & removing file names from file menu

Hi, I'm using Word 2003 for Windows. If one clicks on the file menu on MS
Word, at the bottom there are the last 9 files I opened. Following them,
there are two other files that appear that were affixed by the program,
OmniPro. First of all, I'd like to delete those two file names that are
there permanently, and Secondly, there are is one file name that I would like
to have listed permanently at the end of the file menu, such that a click
would open it. Can someone explain to me how to delete the two files names
that now appear at the bottom of the file menu and how I can in turn add a
file name in those positions?
Thanks very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The two OmniPro menu items are placed by the OmniPro add-in so the answer is
to remove the add-in.
You cannot have files permanently attached to the file list, but you can
create a pair of macros to open the files and add the macros to the file
menu - eg

Sub MyFile1()
Documents.Open FileName:="""c:\Path\filename.doc"""
End Sub

probably better still, add the Work menu to the menu bar and add whatever
files you want to retain to that menu.
Tools customize commands built-in menus Word - drag to the menu bar.

better

Robert McN wrote:
Hi, I'm using Word 2003 for Windows. If one clicks on the file menu
on MS Word, at the bottom there are the last 9 files I opened.
Following them, there are two other files that appear that were
affixed by the program, OmniPro. First of all, I'd like to delete
those two file names that are there permanently, and Secondly, there
are is one file name that I would like to have listed permanently at
the end of the file menu, such that a click would open it. Can
someone explain to me how to delete the two files names that now
appear at the bottom of the file menu and how I can in turn add a
file name in those positions?
Thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew V Andrew V is offline

Or do it without opening the files:

Sub MyFile1()
Application.RecentFiles.Add Document:="""c:\Path\filename.doc"""
End Sub

Robert McN wrote:
Hi, I'm using Word 2003 for Windows. If one clicks on the file menu
on MS Word, at the bottom there are the last 9 files I opened.
Following them, there are two other files that appear that were
affixed by the program, OmniPro. First of all, I'd like to delete
those two file names that are there permanently, and Secondly, there
are is one file name that I would like to have listed permanently at
the end of the file menu, such that a click would open it. Can
someone explain to me how to delete the two files names that now
appear at the bottom of the file menu and how I can in turn add a
file name in those positions?
Thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert McN Robert McN is offline

Graham,
Your "work" menu is great. Thanks very much. I never knew such a thing
existed. Question: Not knowing how it worked, I clicked on the menu and saw
that it said, "add to work menu." I clicked on it, and the open file was
added to it. How does one remove an item from the "work" menu? I poked
around and can't find any way to get rid of what's there!

Thanks again.
Bob