Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GSpline GSpline is offline

Default Using online form to print out on preprinted form

Hi all. I am trying to use Word to create an electronic form that users can
type info in specific fields in a table. The problem is that the form needs
to print on an original pre-printed form that has all of the text and table
grid lines already printed on it, all that I need printed is the user-entered
data. I have been able to hide text from printing but still display it, but
then the spacing on the form changes in the printed version. Anyone have
ideas on how to hide all of the preprinted form text & table lines and just
print the information the user has typed, in the proper location on the
original paper form?
Thanks,
GSpline
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

Instead of "hiding" the text, via Format | Font | Hide, you could change the
font color of all the text you do not want to print to white. In fact, you
could write a little macro and create a toolbar and button that your users
could use to properly print the form that changed all the pre-printed text
white and then sent it to the printer.

I hope this helps.

"GSpline" wrote:

Hi all. I am trying to use Word to create an electronic form that users can
type info in specific fields in a table. The problem is that the form needs
to print on an original pre-printed form that has all of the text and table
grid lines already printed on it, all that I need printed is the user-entered
data. I have been able to hide text from printing but still display it, but
then the spacing on the form changes in the printed version. Anyone have
ideas on how to hide all of the preprinted form text & table lines and just
print the information the user has typed, in the proper location on the
original paper form?
Thanks,
GSpline

crymealake crymealake is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSpline View Post

"GSpline" wrote:

Hi all. I am trying to use Word to create an electronic form that users can
type info in specific fields in a table. The problem is that the form needs
to print on an original pre-printed form that has all of the text and table
grid lines already printed on it, all that I need printed is the user-entered
data. I have been able to hide text from printing but still display it, but
then the spacing on the form changes in the printed version. Anyone have
ideas on how to hide all of the preprinted form text & table lines and just
print the information the user has typed, in the proper location on the
original paper form?
Thanks,
GSpline
In my opinion, Word is not great at printing onto pre-printed forms. There are applications out there purposefully developed for this task.

Fly Software (http://www.flysoftware.com) produce a form design application called InForm Designer. This allows you to design forms that look like your pre-printed form on-screen but only the filled in form content is printed!

InForm even has a feature to precisely adjust where filled in form content is printed on the pre-printed page, so things line up perfectly no matter what printer you use.

Last edited by crymealake : May 4th 12 at 05:17 PM Reason: Typo

how to fill and print a preprinted form a shimaz New Users 2 January 15th 12 05:16 PM
How do you set up an online form? Susan Microsoft Word Help 1 July 4th 06 10:17 PM
Can't Print an online form using tables, it freezes Tracy Tables 3 March 22nd 06 10:31 PM
Online form question PA New Users 4 December 20th 05 05:22 PM
Print Page Button on Word Online Form Darlene Microsoft Word Help 1 April 9th 05 12:50 AM