Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leland7

Default Track changes use to show deletions in red strikethrough

Using Word 2002 XP, track changes won't show deleted text as red
strikethrough. Have 300+ documents that need to show additions in blue
underscore and deletions as red strikethrough .... anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/put_track_...k_on_track.htm

"Leland7" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 XP, track changes won't show deleted text as red
strikethrough. Have 300+ documents that need to show additions in blue
underscore and deletions as red strikethrough .... anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

For some reason, the link Suzanne posted appears to be broken. Try
this one instead:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Put_Track_...k_On_Track.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristen

I am trying to track changes but I want the deleted text to be hidden but I
still want the change bar to show. I am using Office 2002 and I went to that
website but I can not get it to work. I put in:

.RevisedLinesMark = wdRevisedLinesMarkOutsideBorder
.RevisedLinesColor = wdAuto
.DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkHidden

I can set the DeletedTextMark to other things (itallics, strikethroughs) but
it does nothing when I set it to hidden.

Anyone have any ideas?

"Greg" wrote:

For some reason, the link Suzanne posted appears to be broken. Try
this one instead:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Put_Track_...k_On_Track.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Do you have those lines of code enclosed by a

With Options

End With

construction.

Using

Options.DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkHidden

certainly hides deleted text for me.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.