Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Oldsfan Oldsfan is offline

Default Another line suppression issue in Word 2007

Thanks, Graham. I started another thread because I thought this was a
different kind of issue, but now that I look at is, I guess it's not, really.
I'll try your solution when I get home. I think I see where I went wrong.

Thanks again for your help. It is greatly appreciated. This has saved me
from so much manual editing, and I'm just a little bit too dumb to figure
this stuff out on my own.

Paul

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It helps people know what you are talking about if you keep to the same
thread, however, what you ask is straightforward

{Mergefield Email}{IF {Mergefield Model} "" "[enter]
{Mergefield Year} {Mergefield Model} {Mergefield "Body Style"}"}[enter]

If you have extra space between the entries check that you only have one
paragraph mark at the end of each line, or that there is no spacing added
before/after the paragraph.

Oldsfan wrote:
Guys,

You really helped me out with my last blank line suppression
question. I was able to fix all of my label files, as well as some
issues I was having in a mail merge directory. Now, I have one last
issue I would like to fix with the directory. Maybe I can't do it.
This directory includes names, addresses, phone numbers, email
addresses and owned vehicles. I have been able to successfully
suppress the blank lines for Address2, Country, Home Phone and
Email. The last line for each listing is a vehicle. Not all people
in the directory have vehicles. I need to suppress this blank line
and have it go to the next listing, like I've shown below:

Smith, James R. (#5767)
1122 S. Muir
Anytown, KS 00000
555-555-1212

1929 F-29 Six 4-door Sedan
Smith, John (#316)
2211 Silver Cedar Rd
Anytown, WI 00000-1111
555-555-1212

Smith, Richard C. (#5650)
1010 S Chestnut
Anytown, KS 00000
555-555-1212

Smith, Ron G. (#623)
N1234 Hwy J
Anytown, WI 00000

Do you understand what I'm trying to do? I need to not have a gap
between entries, like the first two, not like the 2nd, 3rd and 4th
entries. I've got about 1300 entries, so I can't go in and edit out
each line indiviually. To compound the problem, this last line has
three data fields:

Year Model Body Style

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,