Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Natasha Natasha is offline

Default how to fade a picture to make it a background for your text?

im making invatations and i dont know how to fade the picture i want to use
so that one can see what information ive writen on the invetation?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Change the brightness of the picture.

See this article for Word 2007:

Change the brightness, contrast, or transparency of a picture
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...988731033.aspx

or this one for Word 2003:

Change the contrast or brightness of a picture
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...737271033.aspx

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"natasha" wrote:

im making invatations and i dont know how to fade the picture i want to use
so that one can see what information ive writen on the invetation?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

What you want is called a watermark. How to accomplish what you want depends
on the version of Word are you using. Could we have that please? :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"natasha" wrote in message
im making invatations and i dont know how to fade the picture i want to
use
so that one can see what information ive writen on the invetation?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to fade a picture to make it a background for your text?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to fade a picture in Microsoft Word:
  1. Insert the picture you want to use as the background for your text. To do this, click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen, then click on "Pictures" and select the image you want to use.
  2. Once you have inserted the picture, click on it to select it. You should see a "Format" tab appear in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Format" tab, then click on the "Picture Effects" button. This will open a drop-down menu with a variety of effects you can apply to your picture.
  4. Scroll down to the "Transparency" section and click on "Washout". This will apply a faded effect to your picture.
  5. Adjust the level of transparency to your liking by moving the slider to the right or left. You should see the picture become more or less faded as you move the slider.
  6. Once you are happy with the level of transparency, click outside of the picture to deselect it. You should now see your picture faded in the background, with your text on top.

That's it! You should now have a faded picture background for your text in Microsoft Word. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.

Background picture Keith Page Layout 3 December 17th 09 04:54 AM
how can I make a style changing background color of text? safir Microsoft Word Help 1 January 4th 06 02:17 PM
how do i change picture in to background to put text Lara Microsoft Word Help 2 October 24th 05 05:01 PM
Picture as Cell Background (or label background)? Mr B Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 07:33 PM
Letters "fade" at column separation Jed Page Layout 3 December 9th 04 03:34 PM