Luci

Default Missing Letter Templates in Word

After I purchased Micrsoft Works Suite, Word was updates ot Office. Now I
cannot use the letter templates that were associated with the previous
edition. How can I get them back?
Graham Mayor

If you mean the Templates for the Works word processor are not available to
Word, then that is correct. You can still use the Works Wordprocessor, as it
is included in the Works suite, until you become more familiar with Word.

Luci wrote:
After I purchased Micrsoft Works Suite, Word was updates ot Office.
Now I cannot use the letter templates that were associated with the
previous edition. How can I get them back?

Actually, Works provides extra templates for the version of Word that comes
as part of Works Suite. They are available, however, only if you start Word
from the Works Task Launcher, thereby using the Microsoft Works Suite Add-in
for Word. If Office 2003 has been installed, then Word (2002) can no longer
be started from Works Suite, and the extra functionality provided by the
add-in is lost.

Luci wrote:
After I purchased Micrsoft Works Suite, Word was updates ot Office.
Now I cannot use the letter templates that were associated with the
previous edition. How can I get them back?

Luci

Again thank you for your insight. I removed the plug-in and reinstalled it
and Word and now my program works perfectly. All the templates are there in
letter as well my address book is again working. THANKS! ....and no lost
data!!!!

Luci wrote:
After I purchased Micrsoft Works Suite, Word was updates ot Office.
Now I cannot use the letter templates that were associated with the
previous edition. How can I get them back?

Glad I could (eventually) help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Actually, Works provides extra templates for the version of Word that

comes
as part of Works Suite. They are available, however, only if you start

Word
from the Works Task Launcher, thereby using the Microsoft Works Suite

Add-in
for Word. If Office 2003 has been installed, then Word (2002) can no

longer
be started from Works Suite, and the extra functionality provided by the
add-in is lost.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.