Peejos Peejos is offline
Junior Member

Default Locating passages

I am slowly writing a biography and at present it is a random number of paragraphs as memories are added as information comes in. Every so often one or more paragraphs are about the same period or event from different sources, but scattered deep within the document randomly.

Is there a way that I can insert a specific key mark or point for such paragraphs so that I can locate them later and draw them together?
There will need to be a large number of such markers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can insert Bookmarks, or maybe an Index (which uses a specific
kind of Bookmark).

If you say which version of Word you use, someone will point you to
how to do it.

--
Peejos

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Comments might also be helpful, especially in versions where you can make use of
the comment balloons.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On Jul 31, 4:39 am, Peejos wrote:
I am slowly writing a biography and at present it is a random number of
paragraphs as memories are added as information comes in. Every so often
one or more paragraphs are about the same period or event from different
sources, but scattered deep within the document randomly.

Is there a way that I can insert a specific key mark or point for such
paragraphs so that I can locate them later and draw them together?
There will need to be a large number of such markers.

--
Peejos

Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

Are you familiar with Bookmarks in Word? That should help you. To know how to use them, search on this forum and the internet and also read this article

office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/add-or-delete-bookmarks-HP001226532.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peejos View Post