alan taylor alan taylor is offline
Junior Member

Default symbol color

I want to have macros that will insert the heart and diamond card suit symbols into a document and

i) have them appear in red
ii) have the next symbol automatically return to black.

ANyone help please?
Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

Please try the code given in attached txt file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan taylor View Post
I want to have macros that will insert the heart and diamond card suit symbols into a document and

i) have them appear in red
ii) have the next symbol automatically return to black.

ANyone help please?
Attached Files
File Type: txt InsertSymbol.txt (420 Bytes, 240 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to enter a heart AND a diamond
simultaneously, but wants to produce a document about poker or bridge
(etc.) with suitably colored symbols. So he needs two separate
routines in order to be able to type either one.

I'd recomment that he then assign the four suit symbols to mnemonic
keyboard shortcuts. Ctrl-S, Ctrl-H, Ctrl-D, and Ctrl-C are already
busy, so Ctrl-Alt- S, H, D, C might be best. The -S and -C shortcuts
are simply assigned within Insert Symbol; to assign shortcuts to
macros, an easy way to do it is to choose "Customize QAT" and click
"Customize" near the lower right. Then choose the macro from the
dropdown above, type the shortcut, and click "Assign."

Oops, he didn't say which version of Word.

Also, it's convenient to simply include the macro in your message here
(it took a long time for your link to open!) unless it's quite long,
like the one you made for me; and when you make a macro for someone,
it's helpful to include the link to the instructions for installing
it:

alan taylor;493049 Wrote:

I want to have macros that will insert the heart and diamond card suit
symbols into a document and

i) have them appear in red
ii) have the next symbol automatically return to black.

ANyone help please?

|Filename: InsertSymbol.txt * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=140|

alan taylor alan taylor is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky62 View Post
Please try the code given in attached txt file.
Thank you very much. That works perfectly
Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

Looks like Allan got the solution to his problem. But agree that I could have misunderstood what he wanted, so it was good that you responded. And the point about installing macro is duly noted. However, I think sending it as a txt file is more foolproof as sometimes periods are left out while copying and these are imp parts of code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post

alan taylor;493049 Wrote:

I want to have macros that will insert the heart and diamond card suit
symbols into a document and

i) have them appear in red
ii) have the next symbol automatically return to black.

ANyone help please?

|Filename: InsertSymbol.txt * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=140|

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

? How does your computer work? I click before the beginning of the
passage I'm copying and drag to beyond the end of it. How could a
period get lost?

-