Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
-Ed -Ed is offline

Default How does MS Word populate the Symbol Field

MS Word populates the symbols fields based on settings. What are these
settings. I need to make a friends settings the same as mine so that we view
and print a document exactly the same.

My situation: A buddy of mine and I both are using MS Word 2002. When he
opens my document, he cannot view a certain symbol. I need him to view and
print the document exactly as it appears for me. When I go into the settings
(on his pc) to locate the symbol, it doesn't even appear on his list.

I thought this might have been a Language Settings problem, so I adjusted
his language to be the same as mine, but to no avail.

Can anyone solve, or even offer a "work around" solution?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It would appear that you are using a font (or version of a font) that he
does not have installed. If his system is substituting a different font, it
may not contain the symbols you're using.

http://word.mvps.org

news