Jeffrey Woolf Jeffrey Woolf is offline
Junior Member

Default Page Breaks

I use Word 2010 I would like to set the page breaks so that there is spacing between the pages (not simply a line, as at present).

How do I do that.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Woolf
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like maybe you've accidentally turned on "Hide White Space."

Put your cursor exactly on the line between any two pages -- the
cursor turns into a waffle iron sort of thing -- and double-click.

You'll get back not only the spaces between pages, but also your
headers and footers.

(When you want to go back to the other display, put the cursor on the
empty space -- not on a header or footer -- and double-click.)

On Aug 12, 11:42*am, Jeffrey Woolf
wrote:
I use Word 2010 I would like to set the page breaks so that there is
spacing between the pages (not simply a line, as at present).

How do I do that.

Thank you.

Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

When you enter a page break, all the text matter below the break shifts to a new page. But this will not be visible in the draft view or outline view. Go to print layout view by using the shortcut:Ctrl+Alt+P

In draft and outline view, it appears only as a dotted line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Woolf View Post
I use Word 2010 I would like to set the page breaks so that there is spacing between the pages (not simply a line, as at present).

How do I do that.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Woolf
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To add to what Peter has said, take a look at
http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/WhiteSpace.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jeffrey Woolf" wrote in message ...

I use Word 2010 I would like to set the page breaks so that there is
spacing between the pages (not simply a line, as at present).

How do I do that.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Woolf

--
Jeffrey Woolf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Aha! Another possibility!

There's hardly any reason to use Draft view any more, except
specifically to see the location of section breaks.