Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Littlebear

Default Merge Toolbar

I know that previously when I used the toolbar, the "Insert Merge Field" was
the drop down box. Now I have "Insert World Field."

I'm using a Word table as my data base.

Did something flukey hapepen here?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You should have both pulldowns. Try unchecking the Mail Merge toolbar under
ViewToolbars to remove it, and then go back and check it again to get it to
be displayed afresh.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Littlebear" wrote in message
I know that previously when I used the toolbar, the "Insert Merge Field"
was
the drop down box. Now I have "Insert World Field."

I'm using a Word table as my data base.

Did something flukey hapepen here?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Littlebear

Interestingly, I don't. Nor do others in my office. Hm, off to investigate
further.

Thanks for your help Doug!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You should have both pulldowns. Try unchecking the Mail Merge toolbar under
ViewToolbars to remove it, and then go back and check it again to get it to
be displayed afresh.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Littlebear" wrote in message
I know that previously when I used the toolbar, the "Insert Merge Field"
was
the drop down box. Now I have "Insert World Field."

I'm using a Word table as my data base.

Did something flukey hapepen here?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

You don't what?

Try Tools Customize
Mailmerge in the left-window
Drag "Insert Merge field" to your toolbar.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You should have both pulldowns. Try unchecking the Mail Merge toolbar
under
ViewToolbars to remove it, and then go back and check it again to get it
be displayed afresh.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Littlebear" wrote in message
I know that previously when I used the toolbar, the "Insert Merge Field"
was
the drop down box. Now I have "Insert World Field."

I'm using a Word table as my data base.

Did something flukey hapepen here?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

He doesn't have the pulldown for inserting the Mailmerge Fields. He only
has the one for inserting Word Fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You should have both pulldowns. Try unchecking the Mail Merge toolbar
under
ViewToolbars to remove it, and then go back and check it again to get
it to
be displayed afresh.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Littlebear" wrote in message
I know that previously when I used the toolbar, the "Insert Merge
Field"
was
the drop down box. Now I have "Insert World Field."

I'm using a Word table as my data base.

Did something flukey hapepen here?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

That is what I guessed, which is why I gave instructions for adding the
mailmerge fields pulldown using the Customize dialog.
--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You should have both pulldowns. Try unchecking the Mail Merge toolbar
under
ViewToolbars to remove it, and then go back and check it again to get
it to
be displayed afresh.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Littlebear" wrote in message
I know that previously when I used the toolbar, the "Insert Merge
Field"
was
the drop down box. Now I have "Insert World Field."

I'm using a Word table as my data base.

Did something flukey hapepen here?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Littlebear

Thanks Charles, this is exactly what I was looking for. At some point I must
have customized the toolbar, but it was so long ago I didn't remember the
process. And somehow my Merge Toolbar went back to default.

Kindest regards and thanks again for your help.

Shirley