Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dumer Galli Dumer Galli is offline

Default How do I create hypertext link inside word that "goto" a specific

May I insert a command (otherwise a link) for do this:

page 1 - intro
page 5 - summary
Page 8 - end

I would put a link over the text "page 5" and this will bring me to page 5
(I cannot use an anchor because some inhexpert users can delete it, I woud
"goto" the page XX).

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

A cross-reference (Insert | Reference | Cross-reference) can be inserted as
a hyperlink (though it won't be formatted as one). If you have "Summary" in
a built-in heading style, you'll find that it is already listed in the
dialog under Headings. Otherwise, you'll have to bookmark it (Insert |
Bookmark) and then insert a cross-reference to the bookmark. In both cases,
make sure that you have "Page number" selected rather than "Bookmark text"
or "Heading text."