Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ub ub is offline

Default English/French settings

Hi
The server that we work on uses French/English setting.
Some how sometime my word document takes French setting and the dot
seperator does not work for my calculation the number do not add up correct.
I want to write a vbs code in the document, so that when the document is
opened, it takes the english version of setting for calculation.
The code I have tried is
Set objlangset = Application.LanguageSettings
objlangset =
Application.LanguageSettings.LanguagePreferredForE diting(msoLanguageIDEnglishCanadian)
But this does not work.
Please advise of some solution, because we do not have access to change the
regional setting.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?dWI=?=,

I'm afraid there's no way to tell Word which regional settings to use in its fields. It
*always* refers to the current regional settings on the local machine.

Have you tried discussing the problem with your network administration? You should do
that, first, to understand why they have the policy they're using. And they need to
understand how their policy is affecting the users.

If it turns out you need a macro resolution, then the macro would have to change things
in the document to match the current regional settings, rather than the other way
around.

The server that we work on uses French/English setting.
Some how sometime my word document takes French setting and the dot
seperator does not work for my calculation the number do not add up correct.
I want to write a vbs code in the document, so that when the document is
opened, it takes the english version of setting for calculation.
The code I have tried is
Set objlangset = Application.LanguageSettings
objlangset =
Application.LanguageSettings.LanguagePreferredForE diting(msoLanguageIDEnglishCanadian)
But this does not work.
Please advise of some solution, because we do not have access to change the
regional setting.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the
newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)