Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul B[_5_] Paul B[_5_] is offline

Default Autocorrect lost to one file

I've got one new file that my autocorrect entries do not show up
for. It's not a big file or anything special.

I can create a new file and autocorrect is fine. Both files can
be open, AC works for one, not the other.

My AC file is 48K.

p.
--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul B[_5_] Paul B[_5_] is offline

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:29:16 -0400, Paul B wrote:

I've got one new file that my autocorrect entries do not show up
for. It's not a big file or anything special.

I can create a new file and autocorrect is fine. Both files can
be open, AC works for one, not the other.

My AC file is 48K.

Problem seems to be in the formatting of the Bible text in the
one file (there are some strange characters that come over). If I
copy/paste it to a file in which AC was working, AC stops
working. If I delete all contents and repaste, this time
Unformatted, AC works again.

Somehow the content was breaking Word's ability to access my AC
file?

p.
--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you copy "Bible text" from somewhere? Maybe it came in with a
different Set Language?

On Jun 8, 11:33*am, Paul B
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:29:16 -0400, Paul B wrote:
I've got one new file that my autocorrect entries do not show up
for. It's not a big file or anything special.

I can create a new file and autocorrect is fine. Both files can
be open, AC works for one, not the other.

My AC file is 48K.

Problem seems to be in the formatting of the Bible text in the
one file (there are some strange characters that come over). If I
copy/paste it to a file in which AC was working, AC stops
working. If I delete all contents and repaste, this time
Unformatted, AC works again.

Somehow the content was breaking Word's ability to access my AC
file?

p.
--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

AutoCorrect entries are stored in .acl files by language. It is likely that
the text of the file you are using is set to a language for which you have
no AutoCorrect file.

http://word.mvps.org

"Paul B" wrote in message
I've got one new file that my autocorrect entries do not show up
for. It's not a big file or anything special.

I can create a new file and autocorrect is fine. Both files can
be open, AC works for one, not the other.

My AC file is 48K.

p.
--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul B[_5_] Paul B[_5_] is offline

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 12:01:52 -0500, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

AutoCorrect entries are stored in .acl files by language. It is likely that
the text of the file you are using is set to a language for which you have
no AutoCorrect file.

Thanks Susan and Grammatix.

I tested another copy/paste, and the same thing happened.

Then I Selected All, and set Language to US English. I also set
auto-detect.

Now AC worked.

I tested again, and AC did not work, so the auto-detect is not
sharp enough.

So I guess the Bible text has something in it that messes things
up (It is English Bible text, but Logos uses a lot of hidden
markup.)

Probably I'll past unformatted and let Logos know about the
problem.

Thanks again.
p.

--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Language Auto Detection is notoriously useless and troublesome. We generally
advise turning it off.

http://word.mvps.org