Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Muchun Yin

Default Renumbering endnotes in master document

I am putting the several chapters of my dissertation into a master document,
but I am having a problem with the endnotes. I want to put each chapter's
endnotes at the end of the chapter and restart numbering. The problem is that
I have several sections in each chapter; I've figured out how to suppress the
endnotes until the last section in each chapter, but I've only figured out
two options I have with Master Document: either a) have the numbering be
continuous from the first to last chapter, or b) have several 1s, 2s, etc. in
a chapter's endnotes because each section in the chapter is restarting its
numbering. (Hope that description makes sense!)

How can I make the endnotes for each chapter appear at the end of that
chapter and continuously number that chapters' endnotes starting from 1?

Thanks for any help!