Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect is offline

Default Section Breaks, revisited!

Aargh. Just when I think I've got it figured out, I'm thrown for a loop.

I have a six page legal pleading. The header contains the numbered lines
down the left side of the page, which are in a one column table. Pages 1-5
have the same footer. Page 6 has a different footer. I want to delete page
six. There is a next page section break at the end of page 5. I try to
change it to a continuous section and then delete the next page section but
the header (all the line numbers) disappears. What am I doing wrong? I've
read the various MVPs instructions on section breaks and removing the last
page, but I still can't get it to work.

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See the last parts of
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

The main trick here is to copy/paste the Section 1 header/footer into the
Section 2 header/footer before deleting the break.

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect"
rosoft.com wrote in
message news
Aargh. Just when I think I've got it figured out, I'm thrown for a loop.

I have a six page legal pleading. The header contains the numbered lines
down the left side of the page, which are in a one column table. Pages

1-5
have the same footer. Page 6 has a different footer. I want to delete

page
six. There is a next page section break at the end of page 5. I try to
change it to a continuous section and then delete the next page section

but
the header (all the line numbers) disappears. What am I doing wrong? I've
read the various MVPs instructions on section breaks and removing the last
page, but I still can't get it to work.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect is offline

I'm really sorry to be so dumb. I just don't get it. I have read and
re-read working with sections many times. How do I copy the Section 1
header/footer into Section 2 header/footer?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See the last parts of
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

The main trick here is to copy/paste the Section 1 header/footer into the
Section 2 header/footer before deleting the break.
jkdlf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Select the entire header in Section 1 (this will include all the objects
anchored to the header). Ctrl+C to copy. Use Show Next to get to the Section
2 header and Ctrl+V to paste. Now delete the extra, empty paragraph that
Word will (frustratingly) have insisted on inserting/preserving).