Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Needs labels

Default How to get rid of Paragraph symbol that has invaded word docs?

While trying to work with a Word 2003 document that was formatted to print
labels, I believe I hit the return key while making a few changes.
Immediately, the label document changed format, and was populated with the
little Paragraph symbol. That symbol has populated all of my word documents
now. I hope this is a simple fix...I just don't seem to be able to figue out
how to make that paragraph symbol go away.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Press CTRL+Shift and the "*" key.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Needs labels wrote:
While trying to work with a Word 2003 document that was formatted to
print labels, I believe I hit the return key while making a few
changes. Immediately, the label document changed format, and was
populated with the little Paragraph symbol. That symbol has
populated all of my word documents now. I hope this is a simple
fix...I just don't seem to be able to figue out how to make that
paragraph symbol go away.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
saun

Greg Maxey Wrote:
Press CTRL+Shift and the "*" key.

--
I wasn't able to hit the hide/show key. It wouldn't work, but then you
mentioned the options button with view and take all the checkmarks away.

--
saun
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are several ways to "make it go away." Greg has mentioned one
(Ctrl+*); you can also click the Show/Hide ΒΆ button on your Standard
toolbar. You can also go to the View tab of Tools | Options and clear all
the check boxes under "Nonprinting characters" or "Formatting marks."

For an explanation of what all the symbols mean and why it is sometimes
helpful to be able to see them, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm