Stephen

Default Word 2002 doesn't show complete document information

When 1 person saves a document to a network drive and then they view the fie
within the fileopen window in Word, the information which appears in the
little popup includes author, date modified, etc... However, when another
person views the same document within the fileopen window, all they get in
the popup is "Microsoft Word Document" and the size of the file. I have
matched the settings in toolsoptions within Word to be the same as the
person who gets the extended information and I have ensured that the checkbox
in Windows Explorer for show popup description for folder and desktop items
is checked. Why can this person not see all the information like the other
person can?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U3RlcGhlbg==?=,

When 1 person saves a document to a network drive and then they view the fie
within the fileopen window in Word, the information which appears in the
little popup includes author, date modified, etc... However, when another
person views the same document within the fileopen window, all they get in
the popup is "Microsoft Word Document" and the size of the file. I have
matched the settings in toolsoptions within Word to be the same as the
person who gets the extended information and I have ensured that the checkbox
in Windows Explorer for show popup description for folder and desktop items
is checked. Why can this person not see all the information like the other
person can?

Are both using the same version of Windows? This sounds to me more like a
Windows (operating system) issue than a Word-specific one.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Stephen

Yes, everyone there is on Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 1

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?U3RlcGhlbg==?=,

[...]

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U3RlcGhlbg==?=,

everyone there is on Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 1

Try asking in a Windows newsgroup, then. Possibly with a
cross-post to word.setup.networking.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)