Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paniolo Paniolo is offline

Default How do you change double spacing to single spacing?

It seems sometimes when I opened Word 2007, I find when typing a text it is
in double spacing. Did not do a thing to change it.

So how you change double spacing to single spacing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The default normal style in Word 2007 has 10 points of 'space after' defined
and 1.15 line spacing. Apply instead the no-spacing paragraph style or
change the default style set to Word 2003.

Paniolo wrote:
It seems sometimes when I opened Word 2007, I find when typing a text
it is in double spacing. Did not do a thing to change it.

So how you change double spacing to single spacing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paniolo Paniolo is offline

I delt with this issue before. Someone had showed me the steps in changing
double space to a single space when typing a text.

Paniolo wrote:
It seems sometimes when I opened Word 2007, I find when typing a text
it is in double spacing. Did not do a thing to change it.

So how you change double spacing to single spacing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Here is one way: In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click the Manage
Styles button. In the dialog box, click the Set Defaults tab. Make sure to
set "Line spacing" to "Single" and "Paragraph Spacing Before/After" to zero.
If you want to transfer the setting to the attached template, select "New
documents based on this template" before clicking OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP