Printerb

Default How do I avoid printing blank lines using mail merge in Word 2003.

I am doing a mail merge and i have some fields that will be blank for some
records and i need Word to skip the blank fields. In word 2000 you can choose
the radio button "do not print blank lines" in the merge dialogue box but
with word 2003 no dialogue box appears, just links to the next step.
I know i can match my address to the address block but there are other
fields that i have to add which will not always contain data. Any suggestions?
Peter Jamieson

In Word 2003 the option is set by default, but it no longer works if your
MERGEFIELDs are nested inside other fields such as { IF } or {
INCLUDETEXT } - in that case you have to use e.g.

{ IF "{ MERGEFIELD couldbeblank }" = ""
"" "
{ MERGEFIELD couldbeblank }" }

Peter Jamieson