Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Paging & Section & Columns restart paging

What version of Word are you using?
As you know to have Columns you must have section breaks before and after
the column part of the document, this will automatically include new Headers
and Footers and probably your page number field is set to restart upon new
section. Go to the page number field, double click to get the options and
check the Continue from previous.
I am sure you have found out that if you have a Continuous Section break
after the columns this allows for the columns being balanced at the end.
I am concerned that you have to start the numbering from 0 to get the first
page as 1, do you have Different First Page or Different Odd & Even in the
Page Setup dialog? Word is more than capable to deal with page numbering
across a document of mulitple sections.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm (for 2003
and prior) or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...atter_2007.htm
for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one
document.
Also see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...onscontent.htm
for further deatils on how Sections work.
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Thesis Researcher (Basil)" wrote:

I have 200 pages documents with 2 sections First section for Cover & Index 20
Pages, then the rest of the document which restart paging from 0 so I get
page 1 on first page.

the problem is when I do Columns on tables or text the next page will be
restart at 1.

I tried to
* change Start at 34 Next page but the problem happened on the next section
where I want to put another columns which is 54 and the next page will be
again 34 !! I tried (Link to previous paging) but still in the same problem,
and when changing Start At 54, the previous section affects and it become 54 !

* Make a new word document and paste the whole word document and
reformatting but still the same.

Is there a way to add columns without affecting the page sequance ?

Please help me I am in this problem for 2 weeks. and can not deliver my
thesis.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Glad you got it solved.
All the best
DeanH

"Thesis Researcher (Basil)" wrote:

Version : Office 2007 SP2

Section Break (Continuous) for the columns have a paging! when make it
Continues from previous. It solve it all out

Thanks Dean and best wishes

"DeanH" wrote:

[...]

Paging issue Paddy[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 2 August 7th 08 11:37 AM
Paging from Access Shannon Mailmerge 2 January 16th 07 02:50 PM
CONTENT PAGING Sally Microsoft Word Help 1 October 13th 06 12:30 PM
hidden paging Georgea Microsoft Word Help 4 April 2nd 06 06:56 PM
Turn off auto paging richardd New Users 1 August 11th 05 09:54 PM