Bill Spencer

Default Merging tables to make one table

I have several lists of artists and song titles. I have scanned them and wish
to merge and sort them into alpha order by artist to make one list. How
Richard Neville

You can merge them easily enough by removing any non-table paragraph marks
between tables. However, a merge will not work well unless the tables have
equal numbers of columns. Once you get them merged, you need only sort by
the "Artist" column.

To avoid messing up what you have, I would suggest copying all the tables to
a new Word document and then try the above. Be sure to save the new document
promptly.

By the way, you might find the whole job easier in Excel, which I believe
has better sorting capabilities than does Word tables.