Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laitkens laitkens is offline

Default List Style Formatting

I am using Word 2003. I created a list style based on an outline numbering
format. I have something odd happening when I try applying a bold formatting
to one of my levels.

i.e
I. Test
A. test
1. test

I now want to make the word test (level 3, 1.) bold. If I highlight the
word click onto the Bold icon on the formatting toolbar, all the other levels
become level 3. I then clicked onto the undo button which caused all the
levels to revert back to their proper level and the word test was in fact in
bold.

Am I doing something wrong here? Why would all the levels change and then
Undo make the change actually work?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What you are seeing is probably caused by the "Automatically update" setting
for the paragraph style that you are using. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tedcontent.htm.

For instructions on how to set up outline numbering in Word 2003, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

List style settings Marsh New Users 2 January 8th 08 09:01 PM
style formatting Jon Microsoft Word Help 1 August 13th 07 04:53 PM
Formatting In Use (Style and Formatting Task Pane) Slow + Incorrect? Paul Formatting Long Documents 6 November 8th 05 11:36 PM
TOC style formatting Ricki Miles Formatting Long Documents 3 July 29th 05 04:57 AM
Style List lemeva Microsoft Word Help 3 June 17th 05 11:52 PM