Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Andrew Manley[_2_] Andrew Manley[_2_] is offline

Default setting page view for .docs in IE

Hi - i wonder if you can help? I'm uploading docs to the internet and I want
to make sure that when people click and open them in their browser they
appear as they would in print layout, rather than have the item zoomed in and
spread across the browser window. How do I set the file to do this?

Cheers,

Hope this makes sense!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hello Andrew

Andrew Manley wrote:
Hi - i wonder if you can help? I'm uploading docs to the internet and I want
to make sure that when people click and open them in their browser they
appear as they would in print layout, rather than have the item zoomed in and
spread across the browser window. How do I set the file to do this?

basically, you don't.

You have no control about the user's browser. For all you know, it could
be configured to download *.doc files, or open them with WordViewer.

You could insert a macro into the file which forces the view on open in
Word, but whether this would be running in Word-in-a-browser, or what
firewall/virus checkers are doing to it, you have no idea.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS