Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather C.[_2_] Heather C.[_2_] is offline

Default Change MARGINS for ONE page only?

Is it possible to have one particular parge (in this case, the first
page/cover sheet), have different margins than that of the rest of document
(which is several pages long)?

Thank you!!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Change MARGINS for ONE page only?

How to set different margins for one particular page in Microsoft Word
  1. Go to the page where you want to change the margins. In your case, it's the first page/cover sheet.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Page Setup" group to open the Page Setup dialog box.
  4. In the Page Setup dialog box, click on the "Margins" tab.
  5. Under "Margins," you'll see a section called "Pages." Click on the drop-down menu next to "Multiple pages" and select "This point forward."
  6. Now you can adjust the margins for just this page. You can either choose one of the preset margin options or click on "Custom Margins" to set your own margins.
  7. Once you've set the margins for this page, click "OK" to close the Page Setup dialog box.

That's it! The margins for this page should now be different from the rest of the document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Heather C. wrote:
Is it possible to have one particular parge (in this case, the first
page/cover sheet), have different margins than that of the rest of
document (which is several pages long)?

Thank you!!

There are two ways to go about this.

Since margins are properties of sections, one way is to insert a section
break (usually a Next Page break) between the cover sheet and the second
page. Then you can set the margins in each of the two sections
independently, using the File Page Setup dialog and making sure that the
Apply To box is set to "This section".

The other way is to fake the margins by inserting an invisible (no fill, no
outline) text box to push the text toward the center of the page. See the
"More complex letterhead" section of
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm. In the Page Setup dialog,
on the Layout tab, check the box for "Different first page". Then put the
cursor in the First Page Header and draw the text box down the side of the
page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman