Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George George is offline

Default My Word title bar is not displaying the Normal.dotm template

I am trying the change the template in my word documents. While I am
following the path given the "Normal.dotm" template is not displayed on my
Word title bar. I can I be sure that my global template is set.

Thanks
George
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The default template for Word 2007 is *always* normal.dotm.
If Word doesn't find that file in the folder defined at Word options
Advanced file locations User templates, it will create one.
What do you mean by 'change the template'? Only Word can create a
normal.dotm template - you can but modify it.
The template name is not displayed in the title bar, only the active
document name. If that document has not been saved it will be Documentn
where 'n' is the next unused document number.

George wrote:
I am trying the change the template in my word documents. While I am
following the path given the "Normal.dotm" template is not displayed
on my Word title bar. I can I be sure that my global template is set.

Thanks
George

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you open a template file from the Windows Explorer, you must right click
and choose open to actually open the template. You will then see Normal.dotm
in the title bar.

You can also get to the normal template this way: Office button Open
Places bar Trusted templates. Here, double clicking the file name will
open the template.

PamC