Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Fiordispina Fiordispina is offline

Default Table Cell Borders (MS Office 2003)

I am working with a six-column table with approx. 35 rows. Within each
column cell there may be multiple paragraphs and bulleted / numbered lists -
some of these will break across pages.

I have a need to horizontally align text, paragraphs, lists across columns.
I thought it would simply be a matter of removing (or recoloring) the top
border of a row so that row would appear to be part of the "row" above.

I've tried everyway described in "help" to isolate the removal (or
recoloring) of the "top" border (to hide it)....However, each time I've tried
Word removes (or recolors) the "bottom" border of the previous row.

Any suggestions? I apologize for how confusing my problem sounds....its
difficult to describe. Bottom line: how can you change the border of a
single row / cell preceded by a row that breaks across a page?

Thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As far as I know, you cannot prevent Word from adding borders at the top and
bottom of a row spanning a page break (unless you remove the top and bottom
borders completely from that row). :-(

What you can do is clear the "Allow row to break across pages" option for
each table row (in the Table | Table Properties dialog box, Row tab). This
forces the entire row to the next page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP