Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] user@domain.invalid is offline

Default How to change the order of selected cells when tab is pressed

I need to be able to change the order of the selected cells when in a
table. Usually when TAB is pressed the curser moves to the adjacent
cell. Is there a way of changing the order of the selected cells when
one presses the TAB button?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 11:10:23 -0500, lid wrote:

I need to be able to change the order of the selected cells when in a
table. Usually when TAB is pressed the curser moves to the adjacent
cell. Is there a way of changing the order of the selected cells when
one presses the TAB button?
Thanks

It can be done, but only with a macro. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...etTabOrder.htm for the
macro, and http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for installation
instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk57[_115_] Henk57[_115_] is offline

If you want to move entire rows in a table, this can be quickly done by
[Shift+Alt+UpArrow] and [Shift+Alt+DownArrow] respectively. For
columns I don't know there is a keyboard shortcut, not for individual
cells but you can use the mouse to drag them into position. HTH --
Henk

-
I need to be able to change the order of the selected cells when in a
table. Usually when TAB is pressed the curser moves to the adjacent
cell. Is there a way of changing the order of the selected cells when
one presses the TAB button?
Thanks-

It can be done, but only with a macro. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...etTabOrder.htm for the
macro, and http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for installation
instructions.

--