Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert11[_2_] Robert11[_2_] is offline

Default "Select All": Where ?

Hello,

Embarrased to ask, but just can't find it.

Is there an icon somewhere to click on that does in effect a "Select All"
that will highlight everything in a text document for possible copying or
cutting ?

Thanks,
B.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Word2003 EditSelect All

Word2007 Home TabEditingSelectSelect All

or

CTRL +a

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In addition to the menu items Greg suggests, the easiest way to select
everything in the main body of the document is to Ctrl+click in the left
margin.

http://word.mvps.org

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Embarrased to ask, but just can't find it.

Is there an icon somewhere to click on that does in effect a "Select All"
that will highlight everything in a text document for possible copying or
cutting ?

Thanks,
B.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Ctrl+Clicking in the margin doesn't work in W2007, but triple-clicking in
the margin does.

Terry Farrell

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Embarrased to ask, but just can't find it.

Is there an icon somewhere to click on that does in effect a "Select All"
that will highlight everything in a text document for possible copying or
cutting ?

Thanks,
B.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Oh! It doesn't for me. I'll look into this. Are you using Vista or XPP? Are
you using Off2k7 sp2?

Terry

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Embarrased to ask, but just can't find it.

Is there an icon somewhere to click on that does in effect a "Select
All"
that will highlight everything in a text document for possible copying
or cutting ?

Thanks,
B.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

In article ,
Robert wrote:
Works for me here. XP SP2 + Word 2007 SP2.

[Snippy]

Ctrl + Clicking in the margin...
Works here on my Laptop with Vista SP1 Word 2007 and all updates.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Windows XP SP2 and Word 2007 SP1 (I've been offered SP2 and approved the
DL, but so far it hasn't been downloaded).

Ctl-Click works here on 2007 with SP2....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Working here too now. I changed a setting for my Logitech mouse which
brought back the function: strangely though, when I reverted the setting, it
still worked!

Terry

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Embarrased to ask, but just can't find it.

Is there an icon somewhere to click on that does in effect a "Select
All"
that will highlight everything in a text document for possible
copying or cutting ?

Thanks,
B.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

For me, it seems to be a question of whether I have selected text beforehand
or not: if no text is selected, Ctrl+Click in the left margin selects all. If
text is selected, Ctrl+Click selects a line of text only or a row in case of
a table. I see the same behavior in Word 2003. However, I most often use
Ctrl+A.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)