Poonam Poonam is offline
Junior Member

Default Mail Merge

We maintain MIS in excel for sending out letters on behalf of Bank for people who have taken loan.

Therefore there is one Borrower and 2 to 15 Co-Borrowers, who have same account number and same outstanding amount and the excel that we receive from Bank have following fields:
A B C D E F G H I
1 Account No. Outstanding Amt Borrower Name Bo -1st Address Bo - 2nd Address Co-Bo Name Co-Bo -1st Address Co-Bo - 2nd Address Co-Bo -3rd Address and so on....
2 3456 90,000 James ABCD St. XYZ St. Kofi 123 St. 1256 St. 675 St.
3 8970 100,000 John Big St. Lucy qty St. GTY St.

Now we need address same letter to all the Borrowers and Co-Borrowers, so we need to print envelopes for these letters with the account no. mentioned on all envelopes.

We have made one Word Document in the name of Bank Envelope where we have 4 fields on each page of one document only:

1 page have: 1) {MERGEFIELD Account_No.} 2) {MERGEFIELD Borrower_Name} 3) {MERGEFIELD Bo_1st Address} 4) {MERGEFIELD Outstanding_AMT}

2 page have: 1) {MERGEFIELD Account_No.} 2) {MERGEFIELD Borrower_Name}3) {MERGEFIELD Bo_2nd Address} 4) {MERGEFIELD Outstanding_AMT}

3 page have: 1) {MERGEFIELD Account_No.} 2) {MERGEFIELD Co_Borrower_Name} 3) {MERGEFIELD Co_Bo_1st 4) {MERGEFIELD Outstanding_AMT}Address}

4 page have: 1) {MERGEFIELD Account_No.} 2) {MERGEFIELD Co_Borrower_Name} 3) {MERGEFIELD Co_Bo_2nd Address} 4) {MERGEFIELD Outstanding_AMT}

5 page have: 1) {MERGEFIELD Account_No.} 2) {MERGEFIELD Co_Borrower_Name} 3) {MERGEFIELD Co_Bo_3rd Address} 4) {MERGEFIELD Outstanding_AMT}

So when we mail merge entire information related to one row is merged together i.e. means if i have 2 accounts then A1 to A2 and each A1 will have 5 pages in word A2 will have 5 pages and so on...

In all the Rows - Account No., Outstanding Amt, Borrower Name and Bo-1st Address is always there but Co-Bo names and addresses varies.

So now when we mail merge the word document for printing looks like below:

Schedule A

Page 1: 3456 - James - ABCD St. - 90,000

Page 2: 3456 - James - XYZ St. - 90,000

Page 3: 3456 - Kofi - 123 St. - 90,000

Page 4: 3456 - Kofi - 1256 St. - 90,000

Page 5: 3456 - Kofi - 675 St. - 90,000

Page 6: 8970 - John - Big St. - 100,000

Page 7: 8970 - Lucy - 100,000

Page 8: 8970 - Lucy - qty St. - 100,000

Page 9: 8970 - Lucy - 100,000

Page 10: 8970 - Lucy - GTY St. - 100,000

So when we print Page 7 and Page 9 are printed n wasted as we don't need them.

Now our requirement is: if in Row A1 - all D1, E1, F1, G1, H1 & I1 fields are filled 5 pages should get mail merged but if in Row A2 - D2, F2, G2 & I2 are filled and E2 & H2 are empty then only 3 pages should get mail merged.

So final document for printing will be 8 pages instead of 10 pages i.e.

Schedule B

Page 1: 3456 - James - ABCD St. - 90,000

Page 2: 3456 - James - XYZ St. - 90,000

Page 3: 3456 - Kofi - 123 St. - 90,000

Page 4: 3456 - Kofi - 1256 St. - 90,000

Page 5: 3456 - Kofi - 675 St. - 90,000

Page 6: 8970 - John - Big St. - 100,000

Page 7: 8970 - Lucy - qty St. - 100,000

Page 8: 8970 - Lucy - GTY St. - 100,000

So coding need to automatically delete Account No. Name & outstanding Amt on pages where address is empty as seen above in Schedule A and shall delete the empty pages in between as well.

Can you please help with coding.