Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jem Jem is offline

Default "selection is locked" - what does that mean on new installation.

i've just installed office 2007 pro and started using word. when I started
typing on the first blank document that appeared, it said "selection locked"
and would not allow me to type. I exited and restarted Word and it seems to
be fine.

does anyone know what that means or why it happened?

I could also use some general feedback on how you feel about the new version
of Word, as well.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Is this a free trial version or a purchased version? Did you activate
the software after installing it? If it is a free trial version, and if
your computer previously had another free trial version on it that has
expired, then you can't continue to use the free trial software
indefinitely by repeatedly reinstalling it.