Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vishal Vishal is offline

Default How do I use mailmerge to check and uncheck the box in the word?

I have created a datasource in Excel and trying to mail merge into Word. I
managed to mail merge all the data, except for checkbox.... for eg. if a
record has 1 in column x, I want the box to be checked and if its 0 I want it
to be unchecked.... Please tell me if this is possible in Mail Merge?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Vishal,

You can't use a mergefield to toggle the state of a checkbox. However, you
can simulate it by embedding your mergefield in an equation field
incorporating an IF test coded like:
{EQ \x ({IF{MERGEFIELD MyData}= 1 X " "})}
where 'MyData' is your mergefield's name.

This uses an IF test to determine whether to output and 'X' or a pair of
spaces, and an equation field to draw a box around the result. You might
need to play around with the formatting a bit to get exactly the appearance
you're after.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Vishal" wrote in message
I have created a datasource in Excel and trying to mail merge into Word. I
managed to mail merge all the data, except for checkbox.... for eg. if a
record has 1 in column x, I want the box to be checked and if its 0 I want

it
to be unchecked.... Please tell me if this is possible in Mail Merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VmlzaGFs?=,

I have created a datasource in Excel and trying to mail merge into Word. I
managed to mail merge all the data, except for checkbox.... for eg. if a
record has 1 in column x, I want the box to be checked and if its 0 I want it
to be unchecked.... Please tell me if this is possible in Mail Merge?

In an indirect way you can do something like this. Look at "Displaying Yes/No
info" on this page

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland