Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
farrah farrah is offline

Default How to insert different numberings in one word document eg, i, 1,

Hello

My question is suppose I have a document that has a cover page before a
table of contents and a preamble after the table of contents then the
main/body of the document.
I need to leave the cover page & table of content un-numbered (if there is
such a word), the preamble to be numbered using roman numerals and the
main/body of the document to be numbered, 1,2,3, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear Bear is offline

Farrah:

You will need to create separate sections for the title page, front matter,
and body.

Please read the Help on how to use sections.

Bear

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm. Note that
in order to leave a header/footer blank (rather than have different
numbering), you must unlink it from the preceding and/or following
section(s).