Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Default Would someone record Alt+X for me?

I see this kind of assertion in posts a lot: "I typed 2212 in my document and
then hit ALT+x and it converted the 2212 to a true minus sign."

I gather this functionality was added after Word 2000. Can anyone provide
the VBA equivalent of this operation so I can add it to my toolset?

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The Word command listed in Undo for this action is Toggle Character Code. A
recorded macro also reflects this:

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded Friday, May 18, 2007 by Suzanne S. Barnhill
'
Selection.ToggleCharacterCode
End Sub

Note that the code (2212 in this case) does not, however, need to be
selected for this to work provided Alt+X is pressed immediately after typing
the numbers. You can, however, select any character in the document and
press Alt+X to get its corresponding character code.

"Bear" (nospam) wrote in message
I see this kind of assertion in posts a lot: "I typed 2212 in my document

and
then hit ALT+x and it converted the 2212 to a true minus sign."

I gather this functionality was added after Word 2000. Can anyone provide
the VBA equivalent of this operation so I can add it to my toolset?

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Suzanne:

Thanks for the information. I guess I'm out of luck, because I just can't
find that command in Word 2000. It's not in the list of Word commands
available in the Macros dialog box, and VBE won't react to it when I type it
in. No mention in the Help either.

Must be a later innovation.

I wonder if I can cobble together an approximation.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It *is* a later innovation.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Word command listed in Undo for this action is Toggle Character

Code. A
recorded macro also reflects this:

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded Friday, May 18, 2007 by Suzanne S. Barnhill
'
Selection.ToggleCharacterCode
End Sub

Note that the code (2212 in this case) does not, however, need to be
selected for this to work provided Alt+X is pressed immediately after

typing
the numbers. You can, however, select any character in the document and
press Alt+X to get its corresponding character code.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bear" (nospam) wrote in message
I see this kind of assertion in posts a lot: "I typed 2212 in my

document
and
then hit ALT+x and it converted the 2212 to a true minus sign."

I gather this functionality was added after Word 2000. Can anyone

provide
the VBA equivalent of this operation so I can add it to my toolset?

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Mailmerge: First Record in stead of Next Record Guus Mailmerge 6 February 6th 07 03:00 PM
Last Record Joshann Mailmerge 4 April 4th 06 06:24 PM
FIRST RECORD Karen Long Mailmerge 1 December 2nd 05 05:40 PM
Record 21 was an empty record Ima Mailmerge 0 September 15th 05 06:16 PM
Mailmerging graphics only works on first record - how can I get Word to print a new graphic for each record? Graham Mayor Mailmerge 3 May 13th 05 08:00 PM