Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kbrad011 kbrad011 is offline

Default Automatic hiding/showing page breaks

Hi~

I have 2 different word documents, each with multiple business letters
separated by page breaks. Currently I am deleting spacings within the
business letters to condense them onto one page each. When I do this in the
first document, the page breaks seem to be automatically hidden if the end of
the letter corresponds with the very end of the page. However, when I do this
in the second document, the page breaks remain even if the end of the letter
corresponds with the very end of the page. Thus, there are blank pages
between many of the letters. I would like to have the 2nd document do what
the 1st document is doing (leave the page breaks but hide them) in case I
edit the letters later. What is the difference between the 2 documents?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I suggest you skip all the page breaks. Instead, apply "Page break before" to
the first paragraph in each letter (Format Paragraph Line and Page Breaks
Page break before). In this way, you prevent the current problem with empty

pages. The easiest solution would be to use a special style for the first
paragraph in each letter and define the style with "Page break before" turned
on.

The difference between the two documents could be that document 1 actually
uses "Page break before" whereas document 2 includes manual page breaks. Note
that you can use Edit Find to find manual page breaks - type ^m in the Find
what field.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"kbrad011" wrote:

Hi~

I have 2 different word documents, each with multiple business letters
separated by page breaks. Currently I am deleting spacings within the
business letters to condense them onto one page each. When I do this in the
first document, the page breaks seem to be automatically hidden if the end of
the letter corresponds with the very end of the page. However, when I do this
in the second document, the page breaks remain even if the end of the letter
corresponds with the very end of the page. Thus, there are blank pages
between many of the letters. I would like to have the 2nd document do what
the 1st document is doing (leave the page breaks but hide them) in case I
edit the letters later. What is the difference between the 2 documents?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

"kbrad011" wrote in message
news
[...]

Automatic page breaks Ian Washbourn Page Layout 1 October 16th 06 03:08 PM
Automatic page breaks Ian Washbourn Microsoft Word Help 1 October 16th 06 02:58 PM
Automatic page breaks Andrew Tables 1 June 1st 05 11:41 PM
How do I get back to hiding page breaks in print view? Kozmo Page Layout 2 February 28th 05 01:41 AM
automatic page breaks ph9 Microsoft Word Help 2 January 5th 05 07:57 PM