Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CJ CJ is offline

Default Style Separator

In Microsoft Word 2003, I have a Heading 2 Style and a Heading 3 Style
in the same paragraph separated by the Style Separator. The number
for the Heading 2 Style (Section 7.1) displays, but the number for the
Heading 3 Style (lower case a in parentheses) will not display. The
paragraph that follows is also a Heading 3 Style, and it's correctly
numbered (b). Is there a way to get the (a) to display without
manually typing it in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I believe this is a known limitation with style separators. A possible
work-around is to use SEQ fields for numbering, but note that these fields
won't be fully automatic.

Alternatively, if you only want the style separator for the purpose of
creating a TOC, note that you can use TC fields instead. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
In Microsoft Word 2003, I have a Heading 2 Style and a Heading 3 Style
in the same paragraph separated by the Style Separator. The number
for the Heading 2 Style (Section 7.1) displays, but the number for the
Heading 3 Style (lower case a in parentheses) will not display. The
paragraph that follows is also a Heading 3 Style, and it's correctly
numbered (b). Is there a way to get the (a) to display without
manually typing it in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CJ CJ is offline

On Sep 12, 2:40 am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
I believe this is a known limitation with style separators. A possible
work-around is to use SEQ fields for numbering, but note that these fields
won't be fully automatic.

Alternatively, if you only want the style separator for the purpose of
creating a TOC, note that you can use TC fields instead. Seehttp://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CJ" wrote in message

oups.com...

In Microsoft Word 2003, I have a Heading 2 Style and a Heading 3 Style
in the same paragraph separated by the Style Separator. The number
for the Heading 2 Style (Section 7.1) displays, but the number for the
Heading 3 Style (lower case a in parentheses) will not display. The
paragraph that follows is also a Heading 3 Style, and it's correctly
numbered (b). Is there a way to get the (a) to display without
manually typing it in?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks you.