Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stephanie stephanie is offline

Default Auto numbers

Is there a way to stop Word from bogging down when using auto numbers? Even
worse, when my boss reviews the document, ALL the auto numbers get screwed
up, I have to go through the fix all of them. Just today, an autonumber
refused to start at 1. I closed Word, then opened it up again...all the
numbers were screwed up. Then some of thed righted themselves (I don't know
why). Frustration doesn't begin to describe how I feel right now. Mr. Gates
really doesn't want to meet me.
--
Steph
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You will get more control over numbering if you set it up using styles. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. And for
methods to restart numbering, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artmethods.htm
..
--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stephanie" wrote:

Is there a way to stop Word from bogging down when using auto numbers? Even
worse, when my boss reviews the document, ALL the auto numbers get screwed
up, I have to go through the fix all of them. Just today, an autonumber
refused to start at 1. I closed Word, then opened it up again...all the
numbers were screwed up. Then some of thed righted themselves (I don't know
why). Frustration doesn't begin to describe how I feel right now. Mr. Gates
really doesn't want to meet me.
--
Steph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stephanie stephanie is offline

I'll check out your links, but I do use styles. Read the posts I submitted
today. I liked it back in the day when you bought a program and you got a
book. Now it costs almost as much as the program. :-(
--
Steph

.
--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stephanie" wrote:

Is there a way to stop Word from bogging down when using auto numbers? Even
worse, when my boss reviews the document, ALL the auto numbers get screwed
up, I have to go through the fix all of them. Just today, an autonumber
refused to start at 1. I closed Word, then opened it up again...all the
numbers were screwed up. Then some of thed righted themselves (I don't know
why). Frustration doesn't begin to describe how I feel right now. Mr. Gates
really doesn't want to meet me.
--
Steph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Since you are using styles, does selecting the text and pressing Ctrl+Q (to
reset paragraph formatting) help at all?

See also the following links:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...eformatted.htm

--