Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LindsayBeth LindsayBeth is offline

Default Cursor Opens in Header

I'm using Word 2003.

When I begin a new document, the cursor is positioned inside the header. I
have to View-Header and then I can move the cursor down to the first line of
the page.

Any ideas on how I can fix this, so that for each new doc, the cursor begins
in the body of the doc?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Are you sure you are in the header?

Could it be that you accidentally clicked the space between two pages so
that the setting "White space between pages" has been turned off?

See:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"LindsayBeth" wrote:

I'm using Word 2003.

When I begin a new document, the cursor is positioned inside the header. I
have to View-Header and then I can move the cursor down to the first line of
the page.

Any ideas on how I can fix this, so that for each new doc, the cursor begins
in the body of the doc?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LindsayBeth LindsayBeth is offline

Hooray! Thanks, Lene; I changed that setting and it works correctly now.

"LindsayBeth" wrote:

I'm using Word 2003.

When I begin a new document, the cursor is positioned inside the header. I
have to View-Header and then I can move the cursor down to the first line of
the page.

Any ideas on how I can fix this, so that for each new doc, the cursor begins
in the body of the doc?

New Document Opens in Header John Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 07 01:48 PM
Word opens with cursor at very top of page (header disappeared) Susan Microsoft Word Help 2 October 5th 06 10:15 PM
New doc opens in header Dave New Users 1 October 3rd 05 08:52 AM
When Word opens cursor is at very top of page DaveAtKravMagaMaryland Page Layout 1 May 10th 05 05:00 AM
New document always opens in Header Zombiwoman Microsoft Word Help 3 March 25th 05 12:40 AM