Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
paul paul is offline

Default How to set fill blanks in doc./use tabs to manuever w/o moving tex

Newbie
Hi,
Is there a way to have permanently fixed fill-ins in a lengthy document w/
numerous fill-ins.
The documents have been scanned. When I attempt to fill in the necessary
information the following tabs move.
Is there a process w/in Word that will permanently fix the fill-ins. Thus,
providing the ability to tab to each of the following fill-ins w/o moving the
entire document?
There is no database involved in the fill-in information. It is all type to
fill.
In most cases the fill-ins are not grouped as you would find in Excel. They
are spread thoughout the entire document specific to that particular
paragraph.
I hope that I have explained my problem with some degree of sense.

EXAMPLE:
This AGREEMENT made this ____ day of ________________, 2_______, by and
between Twenty-Three Acres,L.L.C., (hereinafter referred to as €śDeveloper€ť),
and the undersigned Purchaser, as follows:

1. Purchase Price. The Purchaser agrees to purchase, and the Developer
agrees to sell, subject to the terms and conditions contained herein,
condominium unit number _____ of Twenty-Three Acres,L.L.C., (€śUnit€ť),
commonly known as ________________________together with and undivided
interest in the common elements appertaining thereto, for the total purchase
price, as follows: $_____________.

2. Terms. Purchaser herewith deposits __________________ Dollars
($_________), evidencing Purchasers good faith, to be placed in escrow
pursuant to paragraph 4, to

I want to be able to tab from one blank to the next w/o lines and text moving.

Thanks

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Yes. You insert Text Form Fields; but note that you must then Protect the
document for the FFs to work, stopping the users from changing anything
except the FF data they enter. The FFs are really useful because you can
control the size (number of characters entered) and the type of information
(Date/Text/Numbers) being entered. You can also assign bookmarked names to
the FFs which may assist automatic extraction of data when the form is
returned.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
paul paul is offline

Default How to set fill blanks in doc./use tabs to manuever w/o moving

Hi Terry,

I am using Windows '07.
I understand tha I must insert text form fields.
However, being the slow learner and newbie, how do I do this? Step by step.
Where do I find the insert text forms. I looked in the area I thought would
provide space to be filled in. When I click on the instert, it comes up like
a database entry. Is that what is to be entered? If so, would I be able to
tab to each in the doc or must I do something else so the test outside of
form doen't move?

Thanks much!

Paul

"Paul" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

See the 'Please fill out the forms' tutorials here
http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

Terry