Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeremy S. Jeremy S. is offline

Default Test selection using the mouse

When I use Word 2007, it does not allow me to slect text by clicking the left
button or selecting with a tap in the text. I was wondering if there wasa
setting that I had changed unknowingly or somethign of the sort. I am able to
use the mouse every where but in the document itself. It still changes
through it icon presentations as I drag over the document but never lets me
actually interact wiht the document. Any hepl would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is this a sudden problem (i.e., was it working before but now it's stopped)?
If it was working previously, have you rebooted since the problem occurred?
I encountered something very similar to what you describe yesterday, but it
was resolved when I rebooted. I've no idea why the problem occurred.

If this is NOT your problem, I've seen reports that an add-in called
OfficePrintAddIn (Flash Paper) is causing similar problems to what you've
reported. If you have that add-in, try turning it off to see if it fixes the
problem. (Office - Word Options - Add-Ins - Manage=COM Add-Ins; click
Go.) If you don't have that add-in, you might try turning others off to see
if any give relief.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Jeremy S." Jeremy wrote in message
news
When I use Word 2007, it does not allow me to slect text by clicking the
left
button or selecting with a tap in the text. I was wondering if there wasa
setting that I had changed unknowingly or somethign of the sort. I am able
use the mouse every where but in the document itself. It still changes
through it icon presentations as I drag over the document but never lets
me
actually interact wiht the document. Any hepl would be greatly
appreciated!!!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeremy S.[_2_] Jeremy S.[_2_] is offline

It is not a restart issue, I wish it was that easy!!! lol.

I tired the second, however the only thing in the options I can select is in
the Populare section. It will not let me select any of the other options.
Also every time I stazrt Word it says the propgram is not responding ansd
then it will snap too. I am just really confuse on this whole process and
really it renders the program useless to me. In powerpoint the funciton is
still operational.

Thanks for your attempt to help!! Much appreciated.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Karlin Michael Karlin is offline

Another thread indicates there is a problem with an Add-in for Snagit, a
screen capture program. Sure enough, I disabled the add-in and the problem
went away. To do this, I could not get into the Word Add-In manager for the
reason you give below. But in Vista, you go to Control Panel, Programs and
Features, choose the program with the add-in, right click to change and if
the program is well behaved it will give you a chance to remove the add in
for that program. Snagit's routine is well behaved and did allow me to
remove it as an add-in.

From the other thread, I suspect that there are other add-ins that cause
this problem.

Michael Karlin