Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lianne Lianne is offline

Default Hyperlink + Bookmark Doesn't Work

Someone touched on this earlier but it was never answered. I created my
"anchors" (bookmarks) within a Word document, and then hyperlinked to those
anchors, following the Help procedures step by step.

I formatted the links so that you just have to click (not ctrl + click), and
either way the links do not go anywhere. I've tried multiple combinations of
this same technique and my links will not work. These are headings which
refer to a paragraph in another section of the document (if it matters).
It's not working.

This is VERY frustrating!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TGlhbm5l?=,

Someone touched on this earlier but it was never answered. I created my
"anchors" (bookmarks) within a Word document, and then hyperlinked to those
anchors, following the Help procedures step by step.

I formatted the links so that you just have to click (not ctrl + click), and
either way the links do not go anywhere. I've tried multiple combinations of
this same technique and my links will not work. These are headings which
refer to a paragraph in another section of the document (if it matters).
It's not working.

Difficult to reconstruct without any idea exactly what steps you've used, nor
even the version of Word involved. I take it you selected text, then
Insert/Bookmark to create the bookmarks.

What does the Help say? How did you format the links to work just on click?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)