Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oe

Default Address labels

I have recently started working for a company who have contact addresses in
Outlook. I need to type individual labels for the letters I type. I have
created a template for the size of label they use. Up to now, I have been
creating autotext entries for the labels as I don't ever need a full mail
merge. This will obviously not be a satisfactory method as the number of
contacts I need increases.

I am wondering whether it would be better to set up an Access database
although this seems a bit much to bring up just one label.

The other problem is to leave whatever I create easy for the guys in the
office to use when I am on holiday! The last person in my job made dozens of
sheets of labels - definitely OTT when only a couple of labels may be needed
for a client over several months!

Many thanks

ab

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

If you have Outlook as your default e-mail application, you can insert
addresses from Outlook contacts into documents, including labels from the
label wizard. See also http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

oe wrote:
I have recently started working for a company who have contact
addresses in Outlook. I need to type individual labels for the
letters I type. I have created a template for the size of label they
use. Up to now, I have been creating autotext entries for the labels
as I don't ever need a full mail merge. This will obviously not be a
satisfactory method as the number of contacts I need increases.

I am wondering whether it would be better to set up an Access database
although this seems a bit much to bring up just one label.

The other problem is to leave whatever I create easy for the guys in
the office to use when I am on holiday! The last person in my job
made dozens of sheets of labels - definitely OTT when only a couple
of labels may be needed for a client over several months!

Many thanks

ab

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab

Thanks, Graham

I have used the macro code to insert the address from Outlook which seems to
work OK.

I still have the problem outlined in the recent topic "Labels" - when I
insert an address using my label template (each label has a left indentation
of 1 cm and the cell is centre-aligned in Table Properties, only end of cell
mark on label) - an extra blank line is inserted after the address.

I am wondering now if the problem is in Outlook itself or in Word.

It's not really a problem for me to delete the extra line but I would love
to know what is causing it!

ab

oe wrote:
I have recently started working for a company who have contact
addresses in Outlook. I need to type individual labels for the
letters I type. I have created a template for the size of label they
use. Up to now, I have been creating autotext entries for the labels
as I don't ever need a full mail merge. This will obviously not be a
satisfactory method as the number of contacts I need increases.

I am wondering whether it would be better to set up an Access database
although this seems a bit much to bring up just one label.

The other problem is to leave whatever I create easy for the guys in
the office to use when I am on holiday! The last person in my job
made dozens of sheets of labels - definitely OTT when only a couple
of labels may be needed for a client over several months!

Many thanks

ab

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab

I think I see what is happening now. When I open a document based on my
label template, there is just the end of cell mark (¤) in the centre of the
cell. I then insert address, which is placed above the ¤, which is then
moved down one row - which makes it appear as if it were another paragraph.
The address, therefore, is one row higher than it should be and I have to
press Delete to move the ¤ up to the end of the last line of the address.

oe wrote:
I have recently started working for a company who have contact
addresses in Outlook. I need to type individual labels for the
letters I type. I have created a template for the size of label they
use. Up to now, I have been creating autotext entries for the labels
as I don't ever need a full mail merge. This will obviously not be a
satisfactory method as the number of contacts I need increases.

I am wondering whether it would be better to set up an Access
database although this seems a bit much to bring up just one label.

The other problem is to leave whatever I create easy for the guys in
the office to use when I am on holiday! The last person in my job
made dozens of sheets of labels - definitely OTT when only a couple
of labels may be needed for a client over several months!

Many thanks

ab

making address labels from word address list ME Mailmerge 2 February 7th 12 08:16 PM
How do I remove a hard coded address on the Labels wizard? lkp Microsoft Word Help 4 April 19th 06 06:57 PM
Creating address labels with mailmerge [email protected] Mailmerge 2 March 22nd 06 07:13 PM
address labels Lou Ann Mailmerge 1 November 8th 05 05:42 AM
How to print/format different address labels on partially used s. sirdanny Mailmerge 1 February 27th 05 10:02 PM