Steven Lee

Default Annoying Page Size Error/Bug

Hi,

I've been trying to overcome a Word page Setup problem for a couple of weeks
now.. We are using Word 2000 SP 3 on Windows XP Pro, SP 2.

We are putting together a book with a 7x10" page size. I created a form in
the print server properties called "7x10" and set the page size in the form
to 7x10" w/ no margins.

On one machine, when I open a chapter file, the page setup reports the
custom page size matching the form I created. (This is the machine I opened
the files on, set the custom page size to the 7x10 form, closed and saved).

On a different machine, the same chapter file reports "Custom Page Size" but
it is properly set to 7x10" (the custom form exists on that machine as well).

On a 3rd machine, the page size is reported as B5 and the dimensions are
wrong (7.17"x10.12") until you ctrl + end, causing Word to repaginate, then
the page size is reported as B5 but the dimensions reported are 7x10". This
macine also has the same custom from set up.

On a 4th Machine, I open the same chapter and the page size is reported as
"B5 (JIS)" but the page size is correctly set to 7"x10".

All this causes problems when we go to print to PostScript/PDF. If the
postscript headers contain B5 as the page size then the resulting PDF is 7.17
x 10.12" and we can't seem to get the printing to PostScript to hold the
correct custom page size.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
--
Steven Lee
Vaporloop Technology Solutions
Steven Lee

When I open a file on another machine, set the page size to my custom form,
save the file then re-open it on a different machine, the page size is wrong
again.

I.e. I set the page size to my custom form on one of the "bad" machines then
opened it on one of the machines that I thought was okay. Now that machine is
showing me the wrong page size.

Moe, Larry... the cheese!