Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dantek dantek is offline

Default Word - Paste - Match destination formatting - Need a keyboard shor

Word frequently frustrates me when I try to paste text into a document from
another source (especially in emails as I'm using word as an editor in
outlook) - and it helpfully includes whatever ridiculous formatting the
original came along with - but I usually just want the text to include in
what I'm writing. I usually don't want all the formatting.
The addition in Word 2003 which pops up a little 'paste options' button -
where you can select 'keep source formatting' or 'match destination
formatting' or 'keep text only' - is great as I can now select to paste just
the text.
However - as I more often than not just want the text and not the
formatting, I have to click the button every time.

It would save me a lot of time if either:
a) there was a keyboard shortcut (eg. control + Shift + V) which just pasted
the text without any formatting
b) or I could set the default paste type in the options somewhere - to eg.
just keep the text - but still have the popup thing so I could select to keep
the formatting on the few occaisions I wanted to do that.

Either of those would be great - as having to click the popup every time is
really winding me up as I have to do it so often!

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

You can assign this macro to any keyboard shortcut you want to use:

Sub ScratchMacro()
Selection.PasteAndFormat (wdFormatPlainText)
End Sub