Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bobdolethefish bobdolethefish is offline

Default Saved file without "Save as", then closed -- can't find document.

I emailed myself a Word file from a different computer. I Saved the file, but
did not Save As. Now I can't find my file.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elizabeth A. Bañuelos Elizabeth A. Bañuelos is offline

If I open a document from my email, modify, save and close, it saves it to:

c:\documents and settings\*user name*\local settings\temporary internet
settings\OLK###

*user name* would your user name
### represents some number... it varies.

You might try looking in this folder. You may need to enable the ability to
view hidden files/folders first, as I believe these folders are hidden.

Hope this helps.
--
Elizabeth A. Bañuelos
MS Office Master XP ed.

"bobdolethefish" wrote:

I emailed myself a Word file from a different computer. I Saved the file, but
did not Save As. Now I can't find my file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail - however it
*may* be possible to recover your changes. See
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm