MikeG

Default mail merge to MAPI as a PDF attachment

I need to send out docs to people that have been tailored with their name and
other info from a database but I want the docs to be sent as a pdf attachment.

I have Office 2003 and Acrobat 6 Pro. I have already successfully send out
docs as a mail merge .doc file in Outlook, but I want the document I created
sent as a PDF file attachment.

How is this done? Do I do the mail merge to the distiller printer and then
mail them? Is there a way to automate the whole thing? If there's an answer
it's not obvious.

TIA.

Mike
Doug Robbins

This was posted to the mailmerge newsgroup a while back:

pdfMachine is a PDF writer with a "word mail merge feature". It uses
an existing Word merge document to produce individual pdf's for
emailing.

http://www.pdfmachine.com/pdfmachine...il_merge.shtml

Unquote

I have no knowledge of it.

It would be possible to modify the application in the article "Mail Merge to
E-mail with Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

to do that by incorporating preliminary operation that printed the document
created by each record in the mailmerge to the distiller printer as a
separate document, assigning a filename to it that is stored in one of the
field in the data set.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP